The Weston Dance is one of the foremost dance and musical theatre training establishments in Essex and offers classes throughout Chelmsford and at our satellite school in Great Dunmow to children, students and adults of all abilities. Whether you wish to dance for fun, or train for a theatrical or teaching career, we pride ourselves on providing a friendly and personal atmosphere .
Zumba classes are typically about an hour long and are taught by instructors licensed by Zumba Fitness,In one Zumba class, a person can burn between 500-1000 calories, depending on the energy put forth.
There are nine types of classes, for different levels of age and exertion.
- Zumba Gold is a program designed for beginners and older people.
- Zumba Step is a lower-body workout that incorporates Zumba routines and step aerobics with Latin dance rhythms.
- Zumba Toning is for people who do their workouts with toning sticks. It targets the abs, thighs, arms, and other muscles throughout the body. This type of Zumba class provides participants with a cardio workout and strength training.
- Aqua Zumba classes are held in a swimming pool. The instructor leads the class poolside while participants follow in shallow water. Moves have been specially adapted to combine the same dance movements used in a Zumba Fitness class with those used in aqua fitness classes.
- Zumba in the Circuit combines dance with circuit training. These classes usually last 30 minutes and feature strength exercises on various stations in timed intervals.
- Zumba Kids and Zumba Kids Jr. classes are designed for children between the ages of 4 and 12.
- Zumba Gold-Toning is a toning class for older participants with goals of improving muscle strength, posture, mobility, and coordination.
- Zumba Sentao is a chair workout that focuses on using body weight to strengthen and tone the body.
- Strong by Zumba was launched in 2016. This specialty combines high intensity interval training with Synced Music Motivation.
Zumba instructors have the option to become ZIN™ Members (Zumba Instructor Network members) to receive bimonthly training DVDs to assist with the creation of music and choreography for their personal Zumba classes.
Because Zumba offers different options, proponents of the Zumba program claim that it is safe for all ages, meaning that anyone from age 0 to 100 can participate in this form of aerobic exercise.At least some of the classes are specifically aimed at elderly people, to help them build strength, improve motion and posture, and socialize.